Fried Shrimp & Bacon
Sauteed Shrimp & Bacon
(a dry-fried dishes without oil)
Making bacon stir fry with shrimp isn’t hard at all as long as you can marinate the bacon to your taste. To make it, here are what the ingredients which you must have and what to do.
- bacon – clean, cut into a finger size or whatever size you like.
- shrimp – clean, trim, remove head shell and tail shell. If you afraid of eating the shrimp shell/skin, remove all of them.
- fish sauce
- sugar – 1 tsp to 1 tbsp
- garlic – smash or ground
- black pepper – a pinch
- shallot – clean & slice. (optional). If you want replace it with yellow onion, that’s fine.
- scallion – clean and cut 2-3 inches size
But any way, I sum up what do you need to do.
- Marinate bacon with sugar, fish sauce, shallot, garlic, black pepper.
- Set aside for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a saucepan and add marinated bacon (keep the sauce for later)
- Stir them and continue cooking at the medium to high heat. Stir frequently.
- Add sauce and stir well.
- When the bacon change color (usually light brown), add shrimp.
- Stir them and let them cook and don’t forget stir frequently so they’re not burn out or stuck at the bottom…
- When they turn to light brown red, add scallions and stir well.
- Stir couple more times and remove them from the heat. Don’t cook too long after adding scallions; the scallion will turn dark and doesn’t look great.
How will it be done? turn on the following video which show almost step by step.
Stir Fry Shrimp & Bacon (Tep Rang Ba Roi) – Vietnamese Food by JQ Food
That’s it! We can have a saucepan of traditional Vietnamese cuisine sauteed bacon and shrimp .